More info on Emplorer Matching
There’s a GREAT chance you work for a company that matches your charitable contributions and hours volunteering at school. Both of these are excellent opportunities to support your student and the rest of the Guadalupe family. These are very EASY and FREE ways to support Guadalupe, so this is a win-win situation! Be sure to submit your company matching request within the same calendar year; 12/31 is the final submission deadline.
Company Matching Programs are excellent programs where employers will match employees’ charitable contributions. Employee matching gifts are often dollar-for-dollar, but some companies will double or even triple the original donation.
Volunteer Support Programs, sometimes called “Dollars for Doers” or Individual Volunteer Grants, essentially reward employees who donate their time to Guadalupe & the GHSC. Guidelines and amounts vary with each company.
(More information on these programs can be obtained from your human resources department.)
Here is a list of Guadalupe Donations that can be submitted for matching:
- Classroom Giving Drive
- Second Harvest Virtual Drive
- General Donation
- 5th Grade Class Gift
- Guadalupe Sponsorship (all levels)
(please note, items such as the Yearbook, Science Camp Fee, Lost Library Book are not tax-exempt)
All donations made to Guadalupe/GHSC receive a email confirmation that can be used as proof of donation and provides all the necessary information for Corporate Matching and Tax Deduction with the IRS.
Here are a few tips:
- Know the matching gifts guidelines before making your donation. Some companies have specific requirements for how the donation can be funded.
- Know your company’s deadlines. Some companies have quarterly deadlines and matching paperwork must be completed within a specific time frame.
- Guadalupe Home & School Club (GHSC) is a non-profit (501c3), and our Tax ID #77-0336405.
- Please verify the payment details are correct and should be directed to Guadalupe Home & School Club (GHSC) NOT Guadalupe Elementary School.
- The mailing address is
Guadalupe Home & School Club
Attn. GHSC Treasurer
6044 Vera Cruz Drive
San Jose, CA 95120
- The mailing address is
- Please contact GHSC Treasurer ([email protected]) if you submitted a matching request, any questions about company matching or to add your company to the list below. All donations made through your donation program will take 5-10 business days to note receipt through GHSC Toolkit.