HOW DO I COLLECT PLEDGES?
- Online – We have moved the walkathon donation process online through GHSC Toolkit. Now all of your donations to Guadalupe are in ONE PLACE! Don’t forget about doubling your donation to Guadalupe through your employer’s Corporate Matching Program. http://ghsc.net/walkathonsetup/. Collect pledges from near and far easily with this online software. This is our preferred method of donation to help streamline our fundraiser.
Setting up your WALKATHON Donation Page is pretty easy. Here is a step by step guide to set up your donation page. Your donation page is specific to your student only and family, friends and neighbors can make a donation without having to create a toolkit login. Toolkit uses Paypal for processing and their sponsors can use a credit card to make donations.walkathonpage1
- Paper forms – Collect cash/check in the amount of the pledge, and turn in to the office.
- Please have checks made out to “GHSC” and be sure to write your child’s name + teacher’s name + Walkathon on the memo line.
- Included with this Walkathon packet is a Walkathon Pledge Form. Should you need additional Pledge Forms, they are available online on the Guadalupe GHSC section of the website.
- There will be a collection box marked, “Walkathon Donations” in the front office.
- TURN IN ALL PLEDGE FORMS AND MONEY BY FRIDAY, OCTOBER 22nd, 2021. Remember…every pledge, large or small, will help us get closer to our goal!
HELPFUL FUNDRAISING STEPS TO FOLLOW:
Step 1 – When you ask someone to sponsor you, tell them who you are, that you are raising money for your school, and how they can help. You might say,
“Hello my name is ___________ and I go to school at Guadalupe Elementary. I am raising money for my school by participating in a walkathon on Wednesday, October 20th at my school. Would you like to sponsor me?”
Step 2 – Explain that the sponsorship is a single donation, and not based on laps or minutes walked and that their donation is tax-deductible. To streamline, you can now offer them access to donate directly to your personal Toolkit site!
Step 3 – Have sponsors fill in their name and pledge amount on the Pledge Form.
Step 4 – Most importantly, always, always, always remember to say “Thank you!!”
REMINDERS FOR DAY OF THE WALKATHON:
- All students will receive a Grizzly Walkathon t-shirt to wear on the day of the event! Shirts will be handed out the morning of the event and worn over clothing.
- Have your child wear comfortable walking shoes.
- Send a water bottle labeled with their name.
- Everyone is welcome to dress up in 80’s gear!
- FAMILIES — bummed that you won’t be able to join us like usual? We are too. However, we’ll be sure to capture copious photos of our Grizzly walkers so be sure to check out our FB page and _____ for access to photos from the event!