Students Reading Goal: Each 5th grader will have a Daily Reading Goal of 30 minutes, during the school week. The duration of the read-a-thon is one month (5/1-5/28). Students can also choose 2-4 books and use them as their reading goal and use the books to promote donations towards their reading.
Logging Reading Time: Students can log their reading on a daily or weekly basis using the READING TIME SUBMISSION FORM link below. Students can time themselves or utilize the reading time feature on EPIC! and ZORN
Donations: Each student has an individual donation page on GHSC Toolkit, that they can design themselves, with the help of their parents. Once the page is set up we encourage students and parent to share the link via email and social media. The Read-a-thon will also be a general donation site for the lower grades to donate to the whole fundraiser.
Of coarse there are prizes!
- $45 Hicklebees Bookstore Gift Card for the TOP READER in each CLASS
- AMAZON GIFT CARD to the top 3 Fundraisers in each Classroom ($60, $40, $20)
- KONA ICE @ Guadalupe for the CLASS with the most minutes read
(Class Assignment is TBD as of 4/14)
SETTING UP YOUR DONATION PAGE
Setting up your READ-A-THON Donation Page is pretty easy. Here is a step by step guide to setup your donation page. PLease note if your student hits their DONATION GOAL before 5/28, they can increase their goal. Your donation page is stand alone and family, friends and neighbors can make a donation without having to create a toolkit login. Toolkit uses Paypal for processing and they just need a credit card to make their donation.READATHONESETUP
PROMOTING YOUR READ-A-THON PAGE
There are several options to promoting your donation page. Here is a list of options available directly from your donation page using the buttons listed below
• EMAIL BUTTON To Send to Family/Friends/Neighbors
(THIS FEATURE WILL OPEN AN EMAIL WITH THE URL TO YOUR DONATION PAGE)
• FACEBOOK/TWITTER BUTTON
(THIS FEATURE WILL CREATE A POST ON BOTH SOCIAL MEDIA SITE, Be sure to add a personal message, or even let your student record a video talking about the book they just read and how to donate online.)
• SHARE ON INSTAGRAM
(Have your student take a photo or record a video talking about the book they just read and how to donate online. Obtain the link to your donation page using the EMAIL button, and be sure to add the URL to your Instagram profile.)
• CREATE A FLYER FOR NEIGHBORS
(Let your student use their imagination and create their own flyer to photo copy and drop off to neighbors houses. The url to your site can be shortened using BITLY or creating a QR Code.)
• OTHER IDEAS TO PROMOTE YOUR DONATION PAGE
• POST VIDEO REVIEWS: Bring Grizzly Reviews to your social media account. Have your student create a video of one of their books and invite family and friends to donate to 5th Grade Read-a-thon
• POST READING PHOTOS: Have your student take photos of themselves in fun places to read and share on social media.
• ACT OUT/READ A BOOK SCENE: Have your students film themselves either acting out a scene from a book or reading a chapter from a book. Then post it on social media along with a link to your donation page.
• IF YOU HAVE IDEAS or QUESTIONS