There’s a GREAT chance you work for a company that matches your charitable contributions, and hours you spend volunteering at school. Both of these are excellent opportunities to support not only your student but the rest of the Guadalupe family. These are both very EASY and FREE ways to support Guadalupe, so this is a win-win situation!
Company Matching Programs are excellent programs where employers will match employees’ charitable contributions. Employee matching gifts are often dollar-for-dollar, but some companies will double or even triple the original donation.
Volunteer Support Programs, sometimes called “Dollars for Doers” or Individual Volunteer Grants, these programs essentially reward employees who take time to donate their time to Guadalupe & the GHSC. Guidelines and amounts vary with each company.
(More information on both of these programs can be obtained from your human resources department.)
Here is a list of Guadalupe Donations that can be submitted for matching:
• Classroom Giving Drive•
• General Donation
• 5th Grade Class Gift
• 5th Grade Science Camp Scholarship
• Guadalupe Sponsorship (all levels)
(please note, items such as the Yearbook, Science Camp Fee, Lost Library Book)
All donations made to Guadalupe/GHSC receive a email confirmation that can be used as proof of donation and provides all the necessary information for Corporate Matching and Tax Deduction with the IRS.
Here are a few tips:
1) Know the matching gifts guidelines before making your donation. Some companies have specific requirements for how the donation can be funded.
2) Know your company’s deadlines. Some companies have quarterly deadlines and matching paperwork must be completed within a specific time frame.
3) Guadalupe Home & School Club (GHSC) is a non-profit (501c3), and our Tax ID #77-0336405.
4) Please verify the payment details are correct and should be directed to Guadalupe Home & School Club (GHSC) NOT Guadalupe Elementary School.
5) The mailing address is
Attn. GHSC Treasurer
6044 Vera Cruz Drive
San Jose, CA 95120
6) Please contact GHSC Treasurer (email@example.com) if you submitted a matching, any questions about company matching or to add your company to the list below. All donations made through your donation program will take 5-10 business days to note receipt through GHSC Toolkit.
Local Company List: Here is a list of local companies that already have a matching program. If your company has a matching program and it’s not listed below. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org to request it be added to the list.
- Applied Materials
- Hewlett Packard
- JSR Micro
- Kaiser Permanente
- News Corp
- San Disk
- United Health
- Wells Fargo
- Varian Medical Systems